Looking for a new challenge and want to make a real difference? whilst working with complex data systems?
With an unmatched legacy of more than 120 years, Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies globally make mission critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft with human-machine teaming delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities, order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
As part of our ongoing evolution to continue to be at the forefront of analysis in the open-source intelligence domain, we are now expanding our Development and Technology team to enhance the next generation of systems that will enable our customers to interconnect millions of assured data points across Janes foundational intelligence delivering the single source of truth.
Given the scale and complexity of what we do, we are looking for people with experience in using the following:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Graph Databases
- Mongo DB
- Service Architectures
- AWS Cloud
If you enjoy working in collaborative teams on a wide range of projects that focus on user needs and deliver real value using the latest technologies, then join us on this exciting journey!
Janes is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to be part of the Development and Technical team based in our Coulsdon, Surrey office. The purpose of this role is to lead the business analyst function for all software and platforms development.
The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with Business analysts, be involved with product development requirements gathering, liaise with product owners, build effective stake holder interaction and work closely with product development teams for successful implementation.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Be part of the product development team and work closely with enterprise level project stakeholders, SMEs, and product owners to understand business requirement and functional requirements.
- Responsible to deliver quality product specifications for new enterprise applications along with enhancements to the existing applications by working closely with product owners, technical leads, architects, and QA team members.
- Understanding the customer requirements from the product owners and carrying out up-front research on a new project or product feature to identify requirements prior to build.
- Work closely with product managers and product owners to define and breakdown EPIC, features, and user stories for the development team and to define the acceptance criteria and definition of DONE.
- Confident in challenging the business requirements and differentiate them from implementation requirements with the intent to understand the real current as-is problem that is being solved.
- Be a subject matter expert on the technical landscape in-terms of systems, user workflows, data flows and implementation detail of product requirements.
- Document technical and non-functional requirements as features and user stories while developing the requirements for the development teams.
- Work closely with the QA team to define the test strategy for release and help QA Team define details test-cases for the user stories.
- Review the development and provide continuous feedback to the development team and product owners to enable and check that the development aligns with product specifications or requirements.
- Functional and Technical analysis of the high-level products design and capable of explaining and refining the requirements to features level.
- Ability to effectively structure backlogs to define a product using epics and features aligning both business needs and technical architecture.
- Ability to participate and lead Stand-ups, Retrospectives, Showcases, Planning Sessions, Iteration Planning Sessions and Project Discovery Sessions, and Backlog Refinement Sessions
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Proven experience of working within a Business Analyst function, working within enterprise level software development.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in any engineering discipline from reputable institutes or relevant experience in business analysis.
- Good understanding of Web Application framework and Software architecture both on the client and server side.
- Good understanding of web applications framework, APIs , DevOps models.
- Have a passion for data and data analysis and data workflows for impact analysis, problem solving or any gap analysis.
- Previous working experience within Agile software development practices.
- Must have in depth Knowledge in at least one RDBMS system.
- Working knowledge of No-SQL database and Graph Database is desirable.
- Understanding of a CI/CD pipeline using Azura DevOps
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter and self-learner approach.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a methodical, self-organized and action-oriented approach
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.