Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is recruiting for a Research Analyst II for the Bangalore office in India. The Research Analyst II will be involved in the domain of Aerospace & Defence, and will be responsible for maintaining and updating market forecast databases in an analytically rigorous fashion, taking into account industry insight, as well as related geopolitical, military, and economic factors
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Conduct market research (qualitative and quantitative), statistical analyses, and business intelligence to support extrapolation of market forecast.
- Able to establish linkages and relationships between various defence equipment and weapon systems in terms of form fit, pricing, requirement and operability.
- Identifying and analysing contracts in aerospace and defence domain.
- Monitoring news insights and press releases with respect to opportunities of defence procurement and policies.
- Able to identify gaps in the existing database and be able to conduct monthly audits with respect to various parameters of the database.
- Able to sift through large amount of data in excel and be able to parse information.
- Prepare monthly reports documenting specific database changes and maintain worklogs.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- 3+ years of experience in the domain of market research and open source intelligence with a view of tracking contracts, tenders, price information. Experience in the domain of Aerospace and Defence will be considered as an added advantage.
- Experience of working within a data environment (databases, data transformation, data validation or similar).
- Computer competency that includes a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications. Experience in Power BI would be an added advantage.
- Proven record of undertaking project orientated work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to quickly adapt and work with new information technology applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Qualification – Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. MBA/PGDM will be an added advantage.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.