Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is recruiting a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to form part of the Development and Technical Team. We are looking for a CISO who has a passion for finding the balance between enabling the business and securing our organisation, and who wants to support major change in an agile delivery environment. This will require someone with both strategic vision and a focus on “doing the basics well”, to enable our innovation strategy whilst maintaining our security posture.
You will have accountability for all aspects of IT security across our business, providing services and data to a broad range of complex clients across the globe. You will be a highly experienced and commercially aware security professional, with a strong pedigree in managing executive level stakeholder relationships, performance management of suppliers and the ability to design and operate a sustainable security governance approach for the business, including maintaining a range of global security accreditations.
The CISO will be reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, as part of the senior technology management team to ensure that we are designing the right solutions for the market to drive the business forward to realise our ambitious growth plans. You will have the opportunity to influence, to shape our future, and will be a part of a motivated and closely knit management team.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Define, develop and enhance the Information Security policies and strategies.
- Deliver proactive practical and trusted information security advice, guidance, enforcement and compliance across the organisation.
- Create, lead and proactively deliver strong collaboration with other departmental and operational stakeholders.
- Ensure pragmatic adoption of ‘secure by design’ delivery and ensure enhanced information security enables improved enterprise wide risk management.
- Ensure corporate awareness of Security needs remains high through appropriate communications and cybersecurity training.
- Undertake and analyse Security Audits, shaping recommendations to actively manage risk and implement a continuously improved Information Security strategy and operations plan.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- An experienced CISO with a track record of delivering proactive cybersecurity strategies supported by appropriate implementation and use of frameworks and standards e.g. ISO27001, NIST, CISM, CISSP, CCSP.
- A strong influencer, with demonstrable experience of leading and evolving Information Security posture across an organisation.
- Shaping security by design IT delivery, developing enterprise-wide security awareness and supporting enterprise-wide risk management.
- A highly effective, proactive communicator able to work closely with agile development teams.
- Experienced in supporting the demands of complex change programmes.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.