Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is looking for an experienced Service Director, who has a passion for delivering service excellence as well as enabling innovation and new product delivery in a product and data driven cloud environment, across a broad range of technology platforms including data analytics, machine learning, workflow, and ECommerce.
The Service Director will have accountability for all aspects of service management, including management of an outsourced MSP, multiple SaaS, and PaaS contracts, and pro-active management of an operational budget. You will therefore be a highly experienced and commercially aware service professional with a strong pedigree in managing executive level stakeholder relationships, performance management of suppliers and the ability to design and operate a sustainable target operating model for the business.
Janes has recently completed a Carve Out and there remains much to be done in terms of driving service performance. Strong relationships and a ‘can do’ attitude are at the centre of our ethos, along with a desire to “do the basics right”. You will be delivery focused and a seasoned senior manager, who is a highly collaborative team player. You will love working in a fast-paced environment, thriving on dealing with multiple delivery fronts and can seamlessly integrate into the wider business, and be recognised as a senior technical leader.
The Service Director will be reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, as part of the senior technology management team to ensure that we are designing the right solutions for the market to drive the business forward to realise our ambitious growth plans. You will have the opportunity to influence, to shape our future, and will be a part of a motivated and closely knit management team.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Devising and delivering a strategy to enable us to reach our goal of "world class customer experience".
- Contractual management of global MSP, SaaS and PaaS contracts.
- Establish governance framework, including KPI reporting, client satisfaction and continuous improvement mechanisms.
- Continuing the journey of aligning Service capabilities to be more agile, automated, customer-centric, and commercially focussed.
- Representing the Technology function at Director level, managing relationships with key business and IT stakeholders.
- Work with customers to understand what problems and opportunities they are addressing and ensure we support them in achieving the outcomes they need.
- Acting as a leader within the Technology function, contributing and setting clear direction.
- Influencing the CTO and the broader Technology strategy to ensure we deliver products and services that are easy to operate.
- Pro-active management of service budget including forward forecast management of cloud costs.
- Manage, motivate and develop the individuals in your team to deliver the best possible service that meets business needs.
- Building, maintaining, and managing relationships with key stakeholders (both internally and externally), influencing, and driving change as necessary.
- Use performance trend information to develop and implement continuous Improvement across the service, processes, and tools.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Proven experience and ability to deliver outstanding service in a focused, results driven business whilst maintaining positive and collaborative relationships.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrable record of leading, influencing and contributing to team success.
- Strong commercial management skills gained from managing high value MSP contracts.
- Extensive experience of establishing ITIL processes and governance, and continuous service improvement in a B2B business.
- Excellent stakeholder and client relationship skills including service reviews.
- Designing appropriate service reporting to measure the right things to deliver the right outcomes.
- Experience of coordinating resources across dispersed teams, including external vendors and service providers.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communications skills.
- Confidence influencing at a senior level, able to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner, yet take a balanced approach to prioritisation.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.