Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is recruiting a new reporter to generate news, analysis and features covering the vital field of Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) equipment, technologies and operations across the Asia Pacific region. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the domain and a track record of delivering high-quality technology news content and exclusive analysis. They will work closely with a growing team of regional domain-specialist defence journalists and equipment subject matter experts as part of the global Janes Research, Data and Analysis team.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Write high-quality content – news, analysis, and features – about the Indo-Pacific C4ISR warfare domain.
- Research, identify and analyse industry, equipment, technology and operator developments in the C4ISR sector.
- Source and develop data-driven news stories and analysis using Janes proprietary data.
- Develop strong analysis and feature ideas.
- Deliver insight and analysis as a presenter in Janes webinar programme.
- Attend defence exhibitions and conferences as a news reporter and Janes ambassador.
- Maintain a network of key regional aerospace contacts.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Experience as a reporter is essential, with technical reporting in at least one of the C4ISR fields is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English are essential, along with the ability to sharply edit and peer review copy.
- Ability to write accurate and unbiased copy concisely and quickly.
- Ability to source, arrange and present data visualisation to tell compelling data-driven stories.
- Keen interest in Asia Pacific military and wider defence issues.
- Strong news sense and judgment.
- Proven record of meeting newsroom deadlines.
- A strong work ethic, team spirit, and organisational skills.
- Degree-level education in a related field.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.