Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is searching for a Senior Analyst Land Platforms, as part of the Land and Weapons team, based in our Coulsdon, Surrey office. The Senior Analyst will work within a small team with primary responsibility as the subject matter expert on armoured fighting vehicles and wider land platforms and weapons product area.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- You will be responsible for provision of information specifically on armoured fighting vehicles but also wider land platforms and some weapons content,
- You will undertake research, update, and create Janes reference records as directed and deliver to metrics provided by the business.
- You will provide subject matter expertise on land platforms to customer, the business and wider stakeholders that will include updating records, contributing to webinars, and writing news stories relevant to your subject.
- Develop and maintain relationships with manufacturers and users for research and information.
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements to the product set within your area of expertise and wider land and weapons content.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Considerable experience in armoured fighting vehicles either with a manufacturer or a number of years as a user across multiple platforms.
- Proven track record in explaining technical concepts to a lay audience combined with the ability interact and gain respect from technical specialists.
- Able to develop and build relationships with other external subject matter experts.
- Be a confident communicator with proven writing skills in technical subjects and effective speaker on their specialist subject – fluent written and spoken English are essential.
- Proficient in relevant software applications including content management software and fully comfortable with Microsoft applications.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.