Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is recruiting for a Senior Analyst C3 for the Bangalore office in India. The Senior Analyst C3 will be involved in the domain of Aerospace & Defence, and will be responsible for maintaining and updating a range market forecast solutions in an analytically rigorous fashion, taking into account industry insight, as well as related geopolitical, military, and economic factors.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Conduct market research (qualitative and quantitative), statistical analyses, and business intelligence to support a range of market forecast products.
- Able to establish linkages and relationships between various defence equipment, weapon systems and programmes in terms of configuration, pricing, requirement and operability.
- Identifying and analysing contracts in aerospace and defence domain and develop new market segments and functions.
- Monitoring news insights and press releases for further opportunities in defence procurement and impact of policies in future market outlook.
- Able to identify gaps in existing databases and conduct rigorous monthly audits with respect to various parameters across the C3 databases.
- Able to sift through large amount of data in excel and be able to parse information.
- Prepare monthly reports documenting specific database changes and maintain worklogs.
- Support a range of consulting, editorial and other analysis projects with true insights and demonstrate value to the C3 portfolio.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- 5+ years of experience in the domain of market research and open-source intelligence with a view of tracking contracts, tenders, price information. Experience in the domain of Aerospace and Defence will be considered as an added advantage.
- Experience in the Military Communications, Command & Control markets, industry, technologies, and trends (including associated electronics, software, systems integration and infrastructures).
- Experience of working within a data environment (databases, data transformation, data validation or similar).
- Computer competency that includes a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications. Experience in Power BI would be an added advantage.
- Proven record of undertaking project orientated work to strict deadlines, lead projects, engage with industry and manage large volumes of content.
- Ability to quickly adapt and work with new information technology applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including editorial, consulting exposure and public speaking.
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving as well as ability to identify critical aspects of C3 markets, such as industrial capacity, technical characteristics and competitive environment.
- Academic qualification – Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines such as economics, international relations & politics or data science. Master’s or PhD/MBA would also be advantageous.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.