Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is recruiting for a
Senior Analyst to edit Janes Simulation and Training Systems (JSTS) based in our
Bangalore office, India. JSTS consists of an online reference database and a physical
hardcopy book, both containing records on the capabilities of around 700
families of equipment based on a wide range of open-source materials and your
own growing network of industry and defence contacts. The Senior Analyst within JSTS is
part of the C4ISR reference team.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Conduct research into the simulation and training market to identify and analyse technology developments, real-world implementation of systems and trends in procurement and employment.
- Responsible for maintaining the currency of roughly 700 reference records. Each record covers a single piece of equipment or a family of equipment used for training and/or simulation. Many of these are complex systems or systems and in order to maintain currency each record will need to be updated annually.
- You will need to investigate the technical specifications and capability of equipment, where and with whom it is in use, development over time and major contracts involving the equipment.
- Liaise with our global network of defence analysts and technical experts both within Janes and our wider network of contributors to gain insights and ensure the coherence of our information.
- You will develop and maintain your own subject matter knowledge of the training and simulation field, building on an existing knowledge base through attendance at defence events, continued professional development and building relationships with manufacturers and users, which will give you a broad insight into the market from different perspectives.
- You will be expected to contribute to news output and customer facing products like our regular online insight briefings.
- As part of the wider team working on bespoke consultancy projects for a wide range of defence industry and national security customers.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Considerable experience in the field of simulation and training. This could come from a military career as a user or operator. Alternatively it could come from time spent in the defence industry.
- Excellent written English and the ability to adopt and write in a house style.
- Proven ability to work on projects with minimal supervision.
- A proven track record in research and analysis, ideally in a defence or technical field. This will be combined with the ability to distil this into clear and concise written reports.
- Competence in common software applications including word and excel. Janes uses our own proprietary content management system for which training will be provided, but experience working with a content management system would be advantageous.
- Educated to degree level.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.