Looking for a new challenge and want to make a real difference? whilst working with complex data systems?
With an unmatched legacy of more than 120 years, Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies globally make mission critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft with human-machine teaming delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities, order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
As part of our ongoing evolution to continue to be at the forefront of analysis in the open-source intelligence domain, we are now expanding our Development and Technology team to enhance the next generation of systems that will enable our customers to interconnect millions of assured data points across Janes foundational intelligence delivering the single source of truth.
Given the scale and complexity of what we do, we are looking for people with experience in using the following:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Graph Databases
- Mongo DB
- Service Architectures
- AWS Cloud
If you enjoy working in collaborative teams on a wide range of projects that focus on user needs and deliver real value using the latest technologies, then join us on this exciting journey!
Janes is looking for a Software Test Engineer to be part of the Development and Technical team based in our Manchester office. The purpose of this role is to work closely with a number of disciplines, within a given Scrum Team, such as Product, Business Analysts and Developers, carrying out testing processes, which are consistent with Janes Global Test Strategy.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Creating and executing automated functional and regression tests for the product suite, via both API and UI Test Frameworks
- Carrying out integration testing of API and front-end components
- Carrying out load/performance testing
- Working with developers to help design and build an effective unit test strategy
- Complying with the agreed test methodology and standards to ensure good governance and record keeping in line with Janes test strategy
- Providing input into defining the appropriate test approach in collaboration with the QA Manager to ensure effective Test preparation and execution is produced, which mitigates business risk and execution is produced, which mitigates business risk
- Owning the creation of the Test deliverables throughout the whole project lifecycle applying best practice testing principles to ensure cost effective testing
- Determining the adequate level of Test Coverage in collaboration with the Business Analysts
- Performing Test Execution, involving leading resources where required, as agreed in the Test Plan, raising defects through the relevant defect management tool
- Providing effective communication to QA Manager and Stakeholders to support the smooth delivery of the testing activity (including Progress Reports, Defect Status’s etc.)
- Input into the wider Test Process Improvement function
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Experience of testing web applications
- BDD and Unit experience using Specflow, C# and NUnit
- REST/Web API testing experience using tools such as PostMan, RestSharp
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Azure DevOps
- Working knowledge of performance testing tools such as Blazemeter, Neoload or similar
- Experience of building complex test automation frameworks
- Ability to write tests in C# using the Microsoft .NET framework
- Experience with unit testing methodologies and frameworks such as nUnit
- Experience with MS SQL server database systems
- Previous working experience within Agile software development practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive self-starter and self-learner approach
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A methodical, self-organized and action-oriented approach
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.