Looking for a new challenge and want to make a real difference? whilst working with complex data systems?
With an unmatched legacy of more than 120 years, Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies globally make mission critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft with human-machine teaming delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities, order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
As part of our ongoing evolution to continue to be at the forefront of analysis in the open-source intelligence domain, we are now expanding our Development and Technology team to enhance the next generation of systems that will enable our customers to interconnect millions of assured data points across Janes foundational intelligence delivering the single source of truth.
Given the scale and complexity of what we do, we are looking for people with experience in using the following:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Graph Databases
- Mongo DB
- Service Architectures
- AWS Cloud
If you enjoy working in collaborative teams on a wide range of projects that focus on user needs and deliver real value using the latest technologies, then join us on this exciting journey!
Janes is searching for an Agile Delivery Manager (ADM) to join our software development team based in our offices in Coulsdon, Surrey. The ideal candidate will have experience as an ADM or Scrum Master and will have strong motivational skills and experience of coaching and guiding agile teams to achieve their full potential.
As a member of the team, you will be working closely with business analysts and product owners to shape our future deliverables in a open source intelligence environment. You should be self-motivated and used to working in in CI/CD environment, acting as a driver to improve processes and platforms.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Managing a multi-skilled delivery team of between 6 and 10 people
- Facilitate ceremonies for the team and aid our product owners in maintain a quality backlog.
- Help to improve the quality of features identifying problems and suggesting improvements
- Working with Product Owners and Business Analysts to groom and funnel the product backlog into a delivery plan.
- Coaching the team and organisation to high levels of agile maturity.
- Work with other ADM’s within the organisation to increase the effectiveness of agile processes
- Supporting the team using a servant leadership style,
- Facilitate discussion, decision - making, and conflict resolution.
- Helping to define the ‘definition of done’ and aiding the team to adhere to it.
- Building a trusting environment where problems and resolutions can be discussed without fear or judgment
- Removing impediments and helping the team to perform at their best
- Measure team sprint success, using standard metrics to drive efficiency and productivity through quantitative analysis.
- Involved in the management of the team and its processes.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Proven working experience as a scrum master or as leader of an agile team.
- Batchelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as JIRA or dev.azure.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Possess strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM) is a strong plus.
We believe Janes is truly a great place to work. Our values and leadership code drive everything we do, and we understand that the right behaviours and culture will always result in the best outcomes for our customers, our colleagues, our shareholders, and our business. We provide a supportive, stretching, and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly, both personally and professionally.
Janes is an inclusive and equal opportunities employer and encourages applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender.
Although this role is advertised as full time, Janes believes that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and regions and can support different ways of working and offer different flexible working arrangements. So, if you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this.
We will always consider part time or flexible applications.