Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is searching for multiple Content Editors. The Content Editor roles will form part of the Editorial team based in our Bangalore office in India. You will be responsible for performing quality assurance checks on content before it is published, ensuring that it is free from grammatical errors, and is accurate, clear, and concise.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Collaborate and communicate with researchers, analysts, and journalists over email, telephone, or in person.
- Ensure that the content and analysis is accurate and up to date, and follows the Janes house style.
- Proofread and edit text at various stages of the process for both reference and news.
- Engage readers with informative, entertaining, and educational copy.
- Understand and consistently reflect the brand voice of the company.
- Keep abreast of trends in content and style, reflected on various popular social media channels.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- 2+ years of copy-editing experience.
- Proficiency in applying the principles of style guides to different types of writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Prior working knowledge of media production.
- Ability to remain detailed-oriented and focused when processing large amounts of text.
- Willingness to collaborate with a creative team of editors, graphic designers, and others.
- Strong computer processing skills, especially InDesign.
- Basic knowledge of legal issues involved in publishing, such as libel and plagiarism.
- Mastery of correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, and the ability to make constructive suggestions.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.