Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Country Intelligence is a key growth area for Janes. We are seeking a Research Analyst - Europe and the CIS, to be part of the Country Intelligence team based in our offices in Bangalore, India. The Research Analyst will focus on political, military, economic, social and information risk environments for the Europe & CIS regions.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
The Research Analyst will be involved with delivering exclusive content and data visualisation sourced in innovative ways, with acknowledged subject matter expertise spanning geopolitics and regional and international security threats.
The Research Analyst will also be involved with researching, assessing, and producing national security focused country reports as well as same-day and in-depth insight on Europe & CIS risk environments. You will also be involved with researching and writing experience on security issues, including both state and non-state threats, affecting Europe and the CIS
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- A proven track record with writing detailed security threat reports on Europe and the CIS involving deep-dive OSINT research techniques.
- Experience with interpreting and evaluating data to generate data-driven insight.
- Detailed and extensive knowledge of geopolitical issues impacting Europe and the CIS.
- An effective team worker with excellent attention to detail.
- A body of previously published work relevant to this role.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline such as international relations or war studies
- Arabic language skills are desirable.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.