Looking for a new challenge and want to make a real difference? whilst working with complex data systems?
With an unmatched legacy of more than 120 years, Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies globally make mission critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft with human-machine teaming delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities, order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
As part of our ongoing evolution to continue to be at the forefront of analysis in the open-source intelligence domain, we are now expanding our Development and Technology team to enhance the next generation of systems that will enable our customers to interconnect millions of assured data points across Janes foundational intelligence delivering the single source of truth.
Given the scale and complexity of what we do, we are looking for people with experience in some the following:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- AWS Cloud
- Service Architectures
If you enjoy working in collaborative teams on a wide range of projects that focus on user needs and deliver real value using the latest technologies, then join us on this exciting journey!
Janes is currently seeking Machine Learning Engineers, to work as part of an full stack agile unit, based in our offices in Manchester. You will be joining our team as an experienced software engineer and your role will be to deliver high quality, scalable and robust components which can form part of (and interact with) our core application fabric. You will be given the opportunity to improve and shape our future technology whilst being offered additional training and experience with AWS cloud native technologies.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Be part of an Agile team contributing to the design, coding, testing and delivery of applications and services.
- Be technically curious, tackling problems without giving up, and producing solutions that less-experienced engineers can use, maintain, and learn from.
- Being an Agile enthusiast.
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation.
- Take part in code and design reviews helping to improve overall software quality.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven professional experience of software development.
- Proven experience of working with Python, C++, Java.
- Experience in one of AWS SageMaker, TensorFlow, PyTorch .
- Experience in building APIs and services to expose NLP and discovery services.
- Creating training datasets, and building machine learning infrastructure.
- Able to share knowledge with the team.
- Stay current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs.
- A proven ability to deliver high quality applications at scale within an agile environment.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.