Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is recruiting for a Research Analyst for the Aerospace and Defence domain, based in the Bangalore office in India. The Research Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and updating a range market forecast solution in an analytically rigorous fashion, taking into account industry insight, as well as related geopolitical, military, and economic factors.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
The Research Analyst will conduct market research (qualitative and quantitative), statistical analyses, and business intelligence to support extrapolation of market forecast.
The Research Analyst will establish linkages and relationships between various defence equipment and weapon systems in terms of form fit, pricing, requirement and operability. Monitoring news insights and press releases with respect to opportunities of defence procurement and policies.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Demonstrable experience in the domain of market research and open-source intelligence with a view of tracking contracts, tenders, price information. Past experience in the domain of Aerospace and Defence will be considered as an added advantage
- Experience of working within a data environment (databases, data transformation, data validation or similar).
- Computer competency that includes a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications. Experience in Power BI would be an added advantage.
- Proven record of undertaking project orientated work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to quickly adapt and work with new information technology applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Qualification – Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. MBA/PGDM will be an added advantage.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.