Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is seeking a highly motivated Senior FP&A Analyst to join our Coulsdon based finance team. This is an excellent opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing business that is undergoing significant investment.
The focus of the role will be management of product and IT related P&L's by developing value add reporting and providing decision support for Jane’s business leaders. The role will be integral in driving accountability and providing insights to the business.
The Senior FP&A Analyst will take full ownership of monthly Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting cycle for respective cost centres, including granular analytical review and variance analysis, developing consistent reporting and business partnering. You will work closely with various departments, including accounting, technology, and members of the senior leadership team.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
Management Reporting, Forecasting & Budgeting
- Prepare month end analytical reviews, including transactional expense analysis and explain variances against budget/forecast.
- Ensure budget holders receive accurate monthly financial results with commentary and variance analysis.
- Assist in preparation of reporting metrics to support business needs, including reporting against the investment case.
- Maintain headcount and external consultant’s tracker for the respective areas of the business.
- Produce annual Budgets and support long-term business planning.
- Work in close collaboration with our Accounting team to ensure expenses are correctly and timely reported.
- Prepare monthly expense forecasting for multiple departments, including development, IT & Infrastructure and Research, Data and Analysis (RD&A).
- Proactively liaise with departmental heads and their teams to build strong relationship between the Business and Finance .
- Build from the ground up and continuously look to implement new processes, streamline current processes, and automate Finance tasks.
- Use technology to drive efficiencies in work and improvements in processes.
- Support FP&A Manager with extensive ad-hoc projects and analysis.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail along with commercial acumen to be able to support both finance and the wider business.
- Previous experience in Management accounts or FP&A.
- Understanding of financial concepts such as trending, forecasting, budgeting, timing, etc.
- Ability to review work for errors and provide final work product in an organised, understandable manner.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with personnel at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong work ethics and commitment to seeing tasks through to completion.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite and Power BI would be advantageous.
- Undergraduate degree 2:1 or above linked to business/ economics/ accounting would be preferred.
- ACA / ACCA/ CIMA finalist or newly qualified accounting qualification.
- Experience in Tech business or SaaS would be advantageous.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.