Janes enables militaries, governments and defense companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defense intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
The Senior Sales Manager will join the existing Janes team of account executives focused on North America’s defense, intelligence and national security customers, and will be responsible for executing against sales goals with respect to generating new business opportunities.
Specifically, this will involve qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, identifying, interrogating and shaping customer needs and requirements, delivering Janes point-of-view dialogues at executive level, learning and internalizing customer decision processes and cadences, creating and maintaining strategic account plans, maintaining accurate forecasts, delivering solution presentations to key customers, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, proactively managing key customers, creating close plans for forecasted business, closing business in a timely manner, and fully comprehending the Janes unique value proposition.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Reporting to the Vice President of US Federal Sales, the individual will engage with many stakeholders (both internal and external), building effective long-term relationships and high levels of customer delight.
- Generating a substantive sales pipeline using core sales processes to produce revenue in line with quota.
- Ensuring that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established.
- Working with the team to create and manage lead generation action plans within defined segments to grow new business through maximising upsell and cross sell opportunities.
- Building effective long-term relationships / high level of customer delight - with key decision makers and influencers across an assigned group of customer accounts.
- Providing "Insight" to customer decision making through Industry, business and extensive product knowledge.
- Able to clearly articulate the Janes value proposition.
- Mainly involved in selling new products and services - works with limited direction or oversight required.
- Working on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors within a broad sales framework including a strong understanding of customer need.
- Has developed an understanding of business, financials, products and services and account needs.
- Complexity of accounts, territory, products and services sold is varied - has developed an understanding of core sales processes.
- Answering customer questions /requests based upon interpreting facts, developing recommendations, or resolution of issues – problem solver mindset.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on sales experience, with demonstrated success in closing large and complex sales through market and customer knowledge, negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategies for sales growth that capitalise on and respond to specific customer environments, as well as experience leveraging partner and other relationships to deliver creative solutions and approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and leverage products, services and operations to effectively compete in competitive markets.
- Experience with and deep knowledge of the DoD and Intelligence community procurement process.
- Deep knowledge of DoD, national security and intelligence community mission priorities and support requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience using Salesforce.
- BA or equivalent in relevant field.
- 5 years sales experience, in information and insight solution sales into intelligence, national security and/or defense customers.
- TS Security Clearance is a plus.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.