Janes enables militaries, governments and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is recruiting a new India-based reporter to generate news, analysis and
features covering land forces equipment and operations in the Asia Pacific region.
The Asia Pacific Land Reporter will have a strong understanding of the domain and a track record of delivering high-quality news content and exclusive analysis. They will work closely with a growing team of regional defence journalists and equipment subject matter experts as part of the global Janes Research, Data and Analysis team
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
• Write high-quality content – news, analysis, and features – about the Indo Pacific land warfare domain.
• Research, identify and analyse industry, equipment, technology and operator developments in the land forces sector.
• Source and develop data-driven news stories and analysis.
• Develop strong analysis and feature ideas.
• Deliver insight and analysis as a presenter in Janes webinar programme.
• Attend defence exhibitions and conferences as a news reporter and Janes ambassador.
• Maintain a network of key regional aerospace contacts.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
• Experience as a reporter is essential, defence and land forces technical
reporting a distinct advantage.
• Excellent written and spoken English are essential, along with the ability to
sharply edit and peer review copy.
• Ability to write accurate and unbiased copy concisely and quickly.
• Ability to source, arrange and present data visualisation to tell compelling
• Keen interest in Asia Pacific military and wider defence issues.
• Strong news sense and judgment.
• Proven record of meeting newsroom deadlines.
• A strong work ethic, team spirit, and organisational skills.
• Degree-level education or equivalent in a related field.
We believe Janes is truly a great place to work. Our values and leadership code drive everything we do, and we understand that the right behaviours and culture will always result in the best outcomes for our customers, our colleagues, our shareholders, and our business. We provide a supportive, stretching, and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly, both personally and professionally.
Janes is an inclusive and equal opportunities employer and encourages applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender.
Although this role is advertised as full time, Janes believes that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and regions and can support different ways of working and offer different flexible working arrangements. So, if you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this.
We will always consider part time or flexible applications.